Kallol Roy on 31 March 2016 was appointed the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Bhartiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI).
Roy assumed the position following the superannuation of Perumal Chellapandi.
Who is Kallol Roy?
• Kallol Roy had served as the Head of the Research Reactor Maintenance Division, Reactor Group, BARC. He was responsible for total maintenance management of all plant systems and equipment, carrying out modifications and upgrading mechanical and electrical systems and computerising various plant systems.
• He holds a PhD in fault diagnostics-systems and control from IIT-B and a post doctorate degree in computer process control from the University of Alberta, Canada.
About Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd.
• BHAVINI is a government-owned corporation of India.
• It was established in 2004 in Chennai.
• It is wholly owned by the Union Government and is responsible for the construction, commissioning and operation of all Stage II fast breeder reactors envisaged as part of the country’s three stage nuclear power programme.
• It is administered by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
• Once the first fast breeder reactor, called Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) goes into commercial power production, BHAVINI will be the second power utility in India after Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL), to use nuclear fuel sources to generate power.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Kallol Roy
When: 31 March 2016