The Post Sachar Evaluation Committee headed by Prof. Amitabh Kundu submitted its final report to the Union Minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptullah on 9 October 2014.
The seven-member committee was setup by the Union Ministry of Minority Affairs in September 2013 to review the implementation of the recommendations made by the Justice (retd) Rajindar Sachar Committee on the Social, Economic and Educational Status of the Muslim Community of India.
The mandate of the committee
• To evaluate the process of implementation of Sachar Committee Report
• To evaluate the Prime Minister’s new 15 points programme.
• To assess the outcome of the programmes implemented by Union Ministry of Minority Affairs and other Ministries
• To look into the mismanagement of funds released for the Multi-Sectoral Development Programme (MSDP) in Minority Concentration Districts (MCDs)
• To revive the proposal of Diversity Index proposed by Expert Group on Diversity Index headed by Prof. Amitabh Kundu
• To recommend the corrective measures by September 2014.
When: 9 October 2014