The Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) on 20 February 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Monitoring Cell for Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETIs).
KVIC is under the Union Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and RSETI is under the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
The MoU was signed by BH Anil Kumar, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Commissioner for KVIC and KN Janardhana, Chief Project Co-ordinator of Monitoring Cell for RSETIs.
The MoU was signed to enhance the business skills and project-related skills of the beneficiaries under Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) and improve the viability of the PMEGP project which is being implemented by KVIC.
As part of the MoU
• RSETIs will carry out Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) training of PMEGP beneficiaries.
• Monitoring Cell for RSETIs/RUDSETIs will ensure hand holding for trainees, project formulation and guidance up to a period of two years including arranging for bank loan sanction.
• Monitoring Cell for RSETIs will also prepare district-wise model project reports for benefit of beneficiaries.
• Monitoring Cell for RSETIs will utilize infrastructure of KVIC Departmental Training Centres for their skill development courses as per requirement on payment of charges.
• RSETIs will also organize workshop jointly with KVIC at district level for officials of Banks to sensitize them on PMEGP.
MoU was signed for an initial period of three years and the performance under the MoU will be reviewed after 2 years.
Further, trainees having undergone skill development programme at RSETIs & Rural Development and Self Employment Training Institutes (RUDSETI) will be provided a higher rating in District Level Task Force Committee (DLTFC) of PMEGP for their selection.
Who: KVIC and RSETIs
What: Signed MoU
When: 20 February 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.