The modification regarding Land Pooling Policy in Master Plan Delhi 2021 (MPD-2021) was approved by the Ministry of Urban development on 18 April 2013. The Policy envisages 40 percent land will be kept with DDA for land parcels above 20 Hectare and 60 percent for land parcels below 20 Hectare. The Development Fee as decided under the Policy shall be payable by the Land owner.
MPD – 2021, provides a comprehensive policy to meet the growing demands of Housing and urbanization. DDA is currently engaged in extensive modification of the Master Plan of Delhi - 2001 and is preparing MPD with a perspective up to 2021 to cater to the increasing population and the changing requirements of the city.
As a prelude to preparation of MPD - 2021, twelve subgroups have been constituted comprising:
• Experts and Professionals,
• Eminent Persons,
• Public Representatives,
• Concerned Departments,
• Sectoral Studies
• Series of Seminars inviting politicians, administrators,local bodies & RWA's etc.
About 200 Experts are Delibrating on different aspects.
The Sub-Groups on :
• Demographic Profile
• Regional and Sub-Regional
• Trade and Commerce
• Physical infrastructure
• Traffic and Transportation
• Social Infrastructure
• Mixed Land Use
• Conservation and Urban Renewal
• Environment and Pollution
• Development Controls
• Public participation through series of seminars and interaction with Residents Welfare Associations etc.
• Recommendations of the sub-groups
• Central / state government and authority advice-
(Guidelines received from GOI - additional input being publicised for consultation with stakeholders)
• Draft plan
• Approval of GOI for issue of public notice to invite objections & suggestions.
• Consideration of objections and suggestions
• Final plan
The Delhi Development Authority was created in 1957 under the provisions of the Delhi Development Act "to promote and secure the development of Delhi "