Luis Suarez, the Uruguayan striker of Liverpool was named as the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year at an award ceremony on 28 April 2014 in London. Suarez is the first non-European to be awarded with the prize.
Eden Hazard of Chelsea was voted as the Young Player of the Year.
Among the women players, Lucy Bronze of Liverpool was named as the Women's Players' Player of the Year. Her team mate Martha Harris was voted the Young Player of the Year.
At present, Suarez is the top scorer of the Premier League season with 30 goals, even after missing six games at the start of the season. He missed the six games of the league following 10-match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic of Chelsea in April 2013.
Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) Player of the Year winners
• 2013-14: Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
• 2012-13: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
• 2011-12: Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
• 2010-11: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
• 2009-10: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
• 2008-09: Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)
• 2007-08: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
Where: In London
When: 28 April 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.