The polling for the sixth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 began on May 12, 2019 in 59 Constituencies across 7 states including Delhi.
The voting is underway for 14 seats in Uttar Pradesh, all 10 seats in Haryana, all 7 seats in Delhi, 8 seats each in West Bengal, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh and 4 seats in Jharkhand.
The General Elections Phase-6 will be crucial for prominent candidates including Union Ministers Radha Mohan Singh, Maneka Gandhi, Harsh Vardhan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Krishan Pal Gurjar and Rao Inderjit Singh.
The phase will also decide the fate of cricketer-turned-politician Gautam Gambhir, Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari, SP president Akhilesh Yadav, and Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur.
Congress leaders like Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sheila Dikshit, Digvijaya Singh, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Arvinder Singh Lovely, boxer Vijender Singh are also in the fray.
• In Haryana, Ambala, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Hisar, Karnal, Sonipat, Rohtak, and Bhiwani-Mahendragarh are witnessing polling.
• In Delhi, all 7 seats including Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, North West Delhi, North East Delhi, East Delhi, West Delhi and South Delhi will see polling. The voting will decide the fate of total 164 candidates including 16 women and 43 independents.
• In Madhya Pradesh, the voting is underway in Morena, Bhind, Gwalior, Vidisha, Guna, Sagar, Bhopal and Rajgarh Lok Sabha constituencies.
• In Uttar Pradesh, voting is underway for 14 constituencies including Sultanpur, Domariyaganj, Basti, Pratapgarh, Phulpur, Jaunpur, Machhlishahr, Allahabad, Ambedkar Nagar, Shrawasti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Lalganj, Azamgarh, and Bhadohi.
• In Bihar, Valmiki Nagar, Vaishali, Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Sheohar, Gopalganj, Siwan and Maharajganj will see the polling.
• In Jharkhand, polling will be seen in Giridih, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur and Singhbhum constituencies.
• In West Bengal, voting is being held in Tamluk, Kanthi, Medinipur, Purulia, Ghatal, Jhargram, Bankura and Bishnupur constituencies.
First phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The Indian General Elections 2019 began on April 11, 2019 with the first phase of polling for 91 Parliamentary constituencies out of the total 543 constituencies across 18 States and 2 Union Territories.
The voting was held in all parliamentary constituencies of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Uttarakhand; and for some constituencies of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
For more information on first phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019, click here
Second Phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The Phase II voting for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held for parliamentary constituencies of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Initially, the voting for the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Phase II was scheduled to be held for 97 Constituencies; however, the polling for Vellore Parliamentary Constituency and Tripura East Parliamentary Constituency was deferred.
For more information on second phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019, click here
Third phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The third phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 recorded voter turnout of over 66 percent. The Phase 3 voting took place on April 23, 2019 for 117 Lok Sabha Constituencies across 13 States and 2 Union Territories, namely, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Tripura and Daman & Diu.
For more information on third phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019, click here
Fourth Phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 registered over 64 percent voter turnout. The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Phase 4 saw voting for 72 Lok Sabha Constituencies - 17 seats of Maharashtra, 13 seats each in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, 8 in West Bengal, 6 each in Madhya Pradesh and Odisha, 5 in Bihar, and 3 in Jharkhand.
For more information on fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019, click here
Fifth Phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The fifth phase voting was held on May 6, 2019 in 51 constituencies across seven states - 14 seats in Uttar Pradesh, 12 in Rajasthan, 7 each in Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal, 5 in Bihar and 4 in Jharkhand. In Jammu and Kashmir, polling took place in Pulwama and Shopian districts of Anantnag and Ladakh constituencies.
For more information on fifth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019, click here
How to vote in Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
Is Online Voting allowed in India?
What is VVPAT Machine with EVM; How does VVPAT work?
Download our Current Affairs& GK app from Play Store/For Latest Current Affairs & GK, Click here