M Mahender Reddy, Commissioner of Hyderabad Police, has been appointed as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Telangana State. He took charge on 12 November 2017.
Reddy succeeded DGP Anurag Sharma, who retired from the service on 11 November 2017. Sharma has now been appointed as the advisor to Home Department by the Telangana state government.
About M Mahender Reddy
• A civil engineering graduate from the Regional Engineering College, Warangal, Reddy got selected for IPS while pursuing his M Tech in IIT Delhi.
• He has previously served as the Assistant SP of Godavarikhani in Karimnagar and Guntur town.
• He has also served as the Additional SP of Bellampally in Adilabad and SP of Nizamabad and Kurnool districts.
• He was the East zone DCP in Hyderabad commissionerate for duration of three years from 1995.
• He will be the second DGP of the state after its formation in 2014.
Meanwhile, Hyderabad Police Additional Commissioner V V Srinivas Rao has been made in-charge Hyderabad Commissioner of Police.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.