Madonna’s biopic voted as best unproduced script of 2016
The Queen of Pop has written & produced numerous songs that topped the record charts, such as Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer and more.
Madonna’s biopic, titled Blond Ambition, was named as the best unproduced film script available at present in the Hollywood system. The biopic of Madonna topped the list of 73 scripts with 48 votes in the newly published annual Black List.
Blond Ambition is written by Elyse Hollander who is a newcomer in the industry. As per reports, he had written and directed a series of short films. As per IMDb, he has acted as an uncredited directors’ assistant in Birdman.
The biopic describes struggles of Madonna of 1980s to get her first album released. The book doesn’t narrate the complete life of Queen of Pop but talks about fame, romance and a music industry that views women as disposal.
The black list is an annual list that invites film executives to vote on their favourite scripts that will not start shooting before the end of the year. Since 2005, this annual list is being released by film executive Franklin Leonard on second Friday of December.
Franklin Leonard is a development executive who subsequently worked at Universal Pictures and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment.
As per reports, approximately 1000 screenplays have been included in the Black List since its introduction. Nearly, one-third of the listed screenplays were produced as theatrical films like Slumdog Millionaire, Argo, Spotlight, American Hustle, Juno, The King's Speech and The Revenant.
Other script in 2016 Black List
Three scripts were jointly placed at the second position with 35 votes each. They are
• The Olympian authored by Tony Tost. It is a story of an underdog rower who tried to make into the 1984 Olympics.
• Life Itself authored by Dan Fogelman. It is a drama that weaves numerous characters whose lives intersect with each other over a course of time from New York to the countryside of Spain and back.
• The Post authored by Liz Hannah. It is a story of the publication of the Pentagon Papers and the Washington Post.
• Born on 16 August 1958 in Bay City, Michigan, Madonna is an American songwriter, singer, actress and businesswoman.
• She is known for reinventing her image as well as music and maintaining autonomy in the music industry.
• Madonna, who is referred as the “Queen of Pop”, is often cited as an influence by other artists.
• Few albums of Madonna include Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor.
• She also acted in few films like Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy and Evita.