The Haryana Government on 1 July 2015 launched the Mhara Gaon- Jagmag Gaon scheme, aimed at providing 24 hour uninterrupted power supply to rural domestic consumers in a phased manner with their active participation.
With this, Haryana became the first state in the country to launch such an innovative voluntary scheme. The state will bear an additional expenditure of 15 to 20 lakh rupees per village for implementation of this scheme.
Highlights of the Mhara Gaon- Jagmag Gaon Scheme
• The scheme is aimed at strengthening the distribution network system for the convenience of the people.
• In the first phase of the scheme, 83 feeders have been identified covering 310 villages having minimum line losses and which have made payment of their electricity bills. Power supply would be ensured for 15 hours in these villages instead of 12 hour power supply they were getting at present.
• The consumers in these 310 villages falling under these 83 feeders would now be urged to install their meters outside their houses and get their old electricity wires replaced with insulated wires.
• If this happens, power supply in these villages would then be increased by three more hours and these would be supplied power for 18 hours. In the next step, the power supply would be further increased to 21 hours on those feeders where the payment of bills would cross the mark of 90 percent.
• The feeders where the outstanding amount of electricity bills has been paid in five equal installments, their penalty and interest would be waived off and power supply for 24 hours would be ensured on those feeders.
• Bijli Panchayat would also be organized in all villages falling under such feeders. The officers of electricity department would also be present in these panchayats who would resolve the complaints of consumers on the spot.
• Complaints like replacement of meters, electricity wire, installment of new poles and enhancement of load will be resolved within a week.
• Apart from this, a Nodal Officer of the level of a Junior Engineer will also be appointed on every feeder, who will coordinate various activities at village level to ensure the effective implementation of the scheme.
• Under the scheme, the electricity bills will depict the information like line losses on the particular feeder and pending amount of electricity bill so as to ensure transparency.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App