Microsoft released Malware Infection Index 2016
The index revealed Pakistan as the location with the highest malware encounters followed by Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal and Vietnam respectively. India stands at No. 8 in region.
Microsoft Asia on 7 June 2016 launched its Malware Infection Index 2016 (MII2016). The index identifies the key malware threats and ranks markets in Asia Pacific.
The index MII2016, revealed Pakistan as the location with the highest malware encounters followed by Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal and Vietnam respectively. India stands at No. 8 in region.
The findings were based on data from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC) and the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report.
Other highlights of the Index
• The Asia region is especially vulnerable with emerging countries most at risk of malware threats where more than 1 billion people are on the Internet and individuals and businesses are increasingly operating in a mobile-first, cloud-first world.
• The top three most encountered malware include
• It is a malicious computer worm that is commonly distributed via exploit kits and social engineering.
• It is particularly prevalent in Southeast Asia and was the third most commonly encountered malware family world in 2H 2015.
Skeeyah and Peals:
• These are trojans that tries to look innocent to convince the users to install them.
• These malware can steal personal information of the user, download more malware, or give a malicious hacker access to user’s Computer.
Microsoft is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world.
Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App