The Government of Mizoram and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on 24 March 2016 signed a MoU on Capacity Enhancement on Sustainable Agriculture and Irrigation Development in the State.
The Memorandum of Understanding was signed in the presence of State Chief Secretary Lalmalsawma and Satoru Fujita, Team Leader and Deputy Director, Rural Development Department, JICA.
Features of the MoU
• As part of the MoU, JICA will undertake technical cooperation project in 4 rural develop blocks in Aizawl, Kolasib, Serchhip and Champhai districts.
• It is primarily a technical cooperation project under which training programmes on sustainable agriculture and irrigation development
• The training programmes will take place for three times between October 2016 and September 2021 in Japan.
• The entire project will be based on a development study that was conducted by JICA between 2013 and 2015, under which a 20-year master plan was prepared
• All the expenses for training will be borne by the Japanese Government.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 24 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.