The Madhya Pradesh state government on July 3, 2018 launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidised power scheme called ‘Sambal’ for labourers and poor families.
Under Sambal Yojana, the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families would be provided electricity at a cost of Rs 200 per month.
The main objective of the scheme is to make sure that all the households have power facility in the state.
About Sambhal Yojana
• Under the subsidised power segment of the scheme, the registered labourers of the unorganised sector and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families would be provided with electricity at Rs 200 per month.
• Power connection would be provided free of cost to all the beneficiaries.
• In case the bill is lower than Rs 200, the beneficiaries will have to pay the actual bill amount and if the bill amount is crossing Rs 200 then, the difference amount would be subsidised by the state government.
• The scheme is expected to benefit 88 lakh families in the state.
• Around one crore 83 lakh workers are registered under Sambal Yojana in the state till now.
• Pending dues of registered labourers of the unorganised sector and poor families would be waived off completely under the scheme.
Who will be eligible for the scheme?
People not using air-conditioners, electric heaters and whose power consumption is below 1000 watts would be eligible for this scheme.
The beneficiaries would be able to operate a fan, a television and bulbs.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Who: MP government
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports