Mumbai Indians (MI) on 24 May 2015 won the eighth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In the final clash played at Eden Gardens in Kolkata, Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by 41-runs.
This was the second title triumph for Mumbai Indians after their maiden win back in 2013.
Mumbai Indians after being invited to bat first posted a score of 202 for five, while batting second, Chennai Super Kings were able to score just 161 for eight.
With this win, Mumbai Indians joined Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Rider, as a team that has claimed two IPL trophies. Mumbai had won their first title in 2013 at the Eden Gardens, by defeating the Chennai Super Kings. With this defeat, Chennai has lost four finals of 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015 in six appearances.
• Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma for his match winning score of 50 in 26 balls
• Player of the Tournament: Andre Russell
• Orange Cap awarded to: David Warner
• Purple Cap awarded to: Dwayne Bravo
• Emerging Player of the Season: Shreyas Iyer
• Most Valuable Player: Andre Russell
Captains of the two teams
• Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma
• Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni
The previous winners of the IPL are as follows
• IPL Season 1: Rajasthan Royals
• IPL Season 2: Deccan Chargers
• IPL Season 3: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 4: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 5: Kolkata Knight Riders
• IPL Season 6: Mumbai Indians
• IPL Season 7: Kolkata Knight Riders
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Mumbai Indians
Where: Eden Gardens in Kolkata
When: 24 May 2015