Nisid Hajari won 2016 William E. Colby Award for Best Military Book
Hajari’s book Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition covers the 1947 partition of India and the violence that surrounded that event.
Nisid Hajari on 28 January 2016 won the 2016 William E. Colby Award for his book, Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition.
Hajari will be presented with the award and honorarium at Norwich University, the USA in April 2016.
The Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition covers the 1947 partition of India and the violence that surrounded that event.
Who is Nisid Hajari?
• Hajari oversees Asia coverage for Bloomberg View, the editorial page of Bloomberg News.
• Prior to working at Bloomberg, he spent 10 years as a top editor at Newsweek International and Newsweek magazine in New York, during which the magazine won over 50 awards for its international coverage.
• From 1997 to 2001, he helped to create TIME’s first Asian edition in Hong Kong, winning two General Excellence Awards from the Society of Publishers in Asia.
• He helped edit the best-selling essay collection, Reimagining India: Unlocking the Potential of Asia’s Next Superpower.
• He has appeared as a commentator on foreign affairs for CNN, BBC, and National Public Radio.
• He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
About William E. Colby Award
• The William E. Colby Writers' Award was established in 1999 by the William E. Colby Military Writers' Symposium at Norwich University in Vermont.
• It is awarded to recognize a first work of fiction or non-fiction that has made a major contribution to the understanding of intelligence operations, military history, or international affairs.
• It is named in honour of former CIA director William Egan Colby.
• Winners of the Colby book award receive a 5000 US dollars author honorarium provided through a grant from the Chicago-based Tawani Foundation.
• In 2015, Douglas V. Mastriano won the award for Alvin York: A New Biography of the Hero of the Argonne.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App