The NITI Aayog on 19 July 2016 signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Intel India to start the Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) initiative as a part of its flagship programme Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
The aim of setting up Atal Tinkering Laboratories is to build relevant skill sets among youngsters and to provide access to technology that will enable solutions.
Highlights of the Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) initiative
• These laboratories intend to impact 250000 youth with innovation skills & skills for the future across 500 communities & schools.
• The initiative will enable the creation of millions of child innovators who will bloom into young entrepreneurs, thus enabling India’s unprecedented growth.
• Intel will co-lead the creation and management of ten ATLs as State Hubs.
• Intel will support NITI Aayog in building capacities of mentors and developing linkages with Maker ecosystem for quality improvement of projects made by youth, facilitating ideation, design thinking.
• Intel will co-lead an innovation festival which reaches out to 500000 young innovators.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Sign SoI
When: 19 July 2016