The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) on 6 November 2014 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tata Motors for collaboration on various skill development programmes in the automotive sector.
The MoU was signed by NSDC MD & CEO Dilip Chenoy and Tata Motors Executive Director (Commercial Vehicle) Ravindra Pisharody.
Details of the MoU
• Automobile skills will be introduced as one of the vocational subjects for 11th and 12th standard students at some of the government schools. These schools will be identified by Tata Motors in partnership with state governments.
• Depending on the outcomes of the pilot programme, the full scale plan will be launched.
• The students trained under this partnership will be preferred in hirings, based on the level of skill certificate that they secure from the programme.
• The pilot programme will start with five schools with an average of 50 students per school, a total of 250 candidates.
• It will also facilitate placement for students from National Institute of Open Schooling, trained on National Occupation Standards.
• NSDC will facilitate a Job Mela at the location prescribed by Tata Motors for recruitment of NIOS passed students.
• NSDC and Tata Motors will also be working on a Driver Training Program by establishing driving schools in partnerships with State Governments at various places, as mutually agreed with all stakeholders.
• Tata Motors will be the knowledge partner and provide the course content, and also train the trainer.
• While NSDC will pitch the model to state government(s) and look to work with them on a pilot basis, funding for the tuition fees will be either state sponsored or charged from the students.
The move to collaborate with NSDC is to create employment opportunities for educated youth of the country by providing them with skillful practical knowledge of vehicle operations and service. This is another major step towards bridging this skill gap and integrating employability skill with the school education.
When: 6 November 2014
Eight-foot bronze statue of World War II Indian pilot Mohinder Singh Pujji unveiled in UK
PV Sindhu won 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title
CERN scientists discovered two subatomic particles belonging to the family of baryon
Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla