India's shuttler P V Sindhu has settled for a bronze medal in women’s singles category at the BWF World Championships 2013 after suffering a straight-game defeat against world number three Ratchanok Inthanon in the semifinals in Guangzhou, China on 10 August 2013.
World number 12 P V Sindhu, playing in her maiden World Championships, had recorded stunning victories against two Chinese players in the run-up to the semifinals but she failed to out it cross Ratchanok, going down 10-21 13-21 in a 36-minute women's singles match.
PV Sindhu is also became the third badminton player to win a medal in World Badminton Championship. Prakash Padukone won the men's singles bronze in 1983 while Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa won bronze in women's doubles in 2011.
The final results of BWF World Championships 2013
1. Ratchanok Intanon- Gold Medal- Thailand
2. Li Xuerui- Silver Medal- China
3. Bae Yeon Ju- Bronze Medal- Korea
4. P V Sindhu- Bronze Medal- India
1. Wang Xiaoli & Yu Yang – Gold Medal- China
2. Eom Hye-Won & Jang Ye-Na- Silver Medal- Korea
1. Lin Dan – Gold Medal- China
2. Lee Chong Wei – Silver Medal- Malaysia
1. Mohammad Ahsan & Hendra Setiawan – Gold Medal- Indonesia
2. Mathias Boe & Carsten Mogensen- Silver Medal- Denmark
1. Tontowi Ahmad & Liliyana Natsir – Gold Medal- Indonesia
2. Ma Jin & Xu Chen- Silver Medal- China
When: 10 August 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.