Pakistan successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable Hatf-IV ballistic missile on 10 April 2013. The missile has a range of 900 km and it can also hit targets in India.
Main features related to Hatf- IV ballistic missile:
• Hatf- IV ballistic missile is also called Shaheen-1.
• The missile incorporated various improvements in the technical parameters as well as range of the existing missile.
• Hatf-IV has the capability of carrying the conventional and nuclear warheads upto 900 km range.
• Impact point of launch of Hatf-IV was at the sea.
• Strategic Plans Division chief Lt Gen (retired) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai witnessed the launch of Hatf-IV missile.
• Since 2012, Pakistan has successfully test-fired various missiles including Hatf-IX tactical missile that has a range of 60 km, along with Hatf-V ballistic missile that has 1300 km reach.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.