Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 October 2017 dedicated the All India Institute of Ayurveda to the nation on the occasion of National Ayurveda Day.
On the same occasion, Prime Minister released the “Ayurvedic Standard Treatment Guidelines”. developed by the Ministry of AYUSH.
The Prime Minister also gave away the Yoga Award to the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune, which was announced on the occasion of International Day of Yoga.
About All India Institute of Ayurveda
• The first ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) is set up along the lines of AIIMS and has an NABH Accredited Hospital and an Academic Block..
• It has been set up with a total campus area of 10.015 acres with a budget of Rs 157 Crore.
• Out Patient Services will be provided in the hospital block of the AIIA and medicines will be given free of cost.
• Currently, clinical specialties running in the hospital block are Neurological Disease Care Unit, Musculoskeletal Care Unit, Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders Care Unit, Yoga, Panchakarma Clinic, Kriya Kalpa, Diabetic Retinopathy Clinic, Kshara Evum Anushastra Karma and Infertility Clinic.
• It also has pathology, biochemistry, microbiology and radiology laboratories/diagnosis facilities.
• The indoor patient department has provision for 200 beds.
• As an apex institute under the Ministry of AYUSH, the AIIA will bring synergy between the traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern diagnostic tools and technology.
When: 17 October 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.