The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, on 18 May 2017 received the first copy of book ‘Metaphysics, Morals and Politics’ in Kolkata, West Bengal.
The book is authored by Professor Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay.
About Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay
• In 1961, Prof Mukhopadhyay joined as a research scholar at the London School of Economics and began his Ph.D. research on Thomas Hill Green, the 19th century English idealist political philosopher.
• In 1965, he was awarded Ph.D. degree by London University. His thesis was published in a book titled ‘The Ethics of Obedience’.
• Later, he decided to bring out his original thesis contradicting and elaborating some of his earlier arguments. Now, the book has come with a new title ‘Metaphysics, Morals and Politics’.
About Thomas Hill Green
• Thomas Hill Green was an English philosopher, political radical and temperance reformer.
• Like all the British idealists, Green was influenced by the metaphysical historicism of G.W.F. Hegel.
• He was one of the thinkers behind the philosophy of social liberalism.
When: 18 May 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.