Indian President Ram Nath Kovind would be inaugurating the India Water Week - 2017 on 10 October 2017 in New Delhi.
The 5-day international event would be attended by over 1500 delegates from India and 13 other countries. The main theme of the event is ‘Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth’.
• This year would be India Water Week’s (IWW) fifth edition.
• It will be celebrated with a multi disciplinary conference and a concurrently running exhibition.
• The exhibition, while enriching the theme would showcase the technologies and solutions available for the areas under deliberation of the meet.
Following are the major components of the event:
- Water, Food and Energy Security – Essential requirement for sustainable development.
- Water for inclusive Growth
- Sustainable energy development – Key for all round economic growth.
- Water and Society
Besides this, a large group of international and national people of eminence would also be participating in the event by sharing their experiences in the field of Water and Power Management, Technical and Sociological interventions for achieving water and energy security in their individual areas and manage the assets created on a participatory basis.
There will also be special sessions involving dignitaries, delegates, politicians, experts from the fields related to the event. Expert professional bodies and think tanks have also been invited to put up Side Events addressing specific issues under the theme.
About India Water Week
• The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has been organising India Water Week since 2012 as an annual international event in order to establish an international event focused on water resources of India.
• Four editions of India Water Week have been organised so far in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
• The recommendations/action points that emerged during the earlier events of India Water Week have been sent to all concerned Ministries of the Central Government as well as to all State Governments for their appropriate implementation.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.