Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 March 2015 launched Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI) platform. PRAGATI is a multi-purpose and multi-modal platform aimed at addressing grievances of common man.
PRAGATI aims at simultaneously monitoring and reviewing Union Government programmes and projects as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
Features of PRAGATI
• It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States).
• Prime Minister will hold a monthly programme where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals.
• Issues to be flagged before the PM will be picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending Projects
• The system will ride on, strengthen and re-engineer the data bases of the CPGRAMS for grievances, Project Monitoring Group (PMG) and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. PRAGATI provides an interface and platform for all these three aspects.
• It will also take into consideration various correspondences to PM’s office by the common people or from high dignitaries of States and/or developers of public projects.
• These issues flagged can be viewed by the Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries after entering into the application.
• Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries will be able to see the issues pertaining to their Department /State.
• Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries have to put their comments and updates about the flagged issues within three days.
• One day will be available to the PMO team to review the data entered by the Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries.
• The design is such, that when PM reviews the issue he should have on his screen the issue as well as the latest updates and visuals regarding the same.
The system has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC). The name suggests that it is aimed at starting a culture of Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
PRAGATI is a robust system that will help in for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
When: 25 March 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.