Punjab government on 28 May 2013 gave its approval for starting an online lottery system in order to increase revenues of the state.
Functioning of the Online Lottery System
• The online lottery system would be conducted, operated and regulated as per provisions of the Lottery Regulation Act, 1998 and the Punjab State Lotteries Rules, 1998.
• The online system ideates offering lottery games through a network of computer terminals and with some devices that may be approved by the government to be installed at retail locations.
• The terminals would be connected to a main data centre at a central headquarter.
• A distributor or a selling agent would be appointed by the government who is supposed to design procure, install and commission, operate and maintain, promote and market and carry out other activities to be required for managing the online lottery.
• The selection of the distributor or the selling agent would be done through tenders and a monitoring committee.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.