Qatar Airways on 20 June 2017 was announced the World’s Best Airline at the SKYTRAX 2017 World Airline Awards.
Qatar Airways was voted Best Airline by travellers across the world in the annual passenger survey.
The Doha based carrier has now won the prestigious Airline of the Year title for a fourth time.
Qatar Airways also won the World’s Best Business Class, the World’s Best First Class Lounge and the Best Airline in the Middle East awards.
On the other hand, Air Asia won awards for being the Best Low-Cost Airline in Asia for a month year in the row, and also as World's Best Low-Cost Airline Premium Cabin 2017.
Other major awards:
• World's Best Low-Cost Airline: AirAsia
• Best Low-Cost Airline in Asia: AirAsia
• Best Airline in Central Asia / India: Air Astana
• Best Regional Airline in Asia: Bangkok Airways
• Best Low-Cost Airline in Central Asia / India: Indigo
• Best Airline in Asia: Singapore Airlines
About World Airline Awards
• The World Airline Awards are most coveted Quality accolades for the airline industry.
• Travellers across the globe take part each year in the world’s largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners.
Who: Qatar Airways
When: 20 June 2017