With an aim to optimize freight operations, Ministry of Railways on 11 January 2018 launched the Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers.
The SFOORTI App provides features for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views and Dashboard.
Highlights of SFOORTI App
• With this application, movement of freight trains on Geographic Information System (GIS) view can be tracked.
• This app provides a Bird’s eye view of all Freight Assets in a single window and provides end to end Rake movement on Geospatial view.
• Expected Traffic at Interchange points to evaluate daily performance can be viewed.
• Performance of each zone and divisions with respect to loading and utilization of freight assets can be viewed.
• Sectional performance monitoring for sections, divisions and zones shall help in traffic routing.
• Freight terminal and sidings can be monitored to ensure better turnaround of rakes.
Geo-Spatial view of freight train performances
A Geographic Information System (GIS) based monitoring and management tool has been designed and developed in CRIS which provides layered views of freight trains on Indian Railways network to plan the traffic flows and optimize freight operations. It provides Geo-Spatial view of freight train performances:
• Position of all freight trains on Indian Railways Network
• Movement of freight trains from one zone to another zone
• Position of Rakes on the network detailing commodity wise loading
• Position of all freight stock on Indian Railways
• Traffic flow at Interchange points along with real time monitoring of forecast for day
• Indicates new traffic Origination-Destination (OD) captured over IR network.
• Indicates Rakes detaining beyond permissible free time on the network.
• Loading trends of major commodities is available identifying the loading performances of terminals and their Origination-Destination (OD) on the network.
• Section wise speed performance of freight trains across the network which is updated on real time basis.
• Monitoring of all the loads, which have been forecasted for the divisional interchange, but the same interchange has not yet reported.
• Position of Rakes for Specific Type of Stock can be viewed.
• Monitoring of New Origination Destination flows captured during the specified period in comparison with those loaded in previous 3 years data.
• Monitoring of Loadings across Indian Railways for major commodities during a period.
India begins countdown to launch 31 satellites