English Director Ridley Scott will be honoured with the 30th American Cinematheque Award on 14 October 2016 at the Beverly Hilton. The news was announced by the American Cinematheque on 7 June 2016.
Scott was the unanimous choice of the Cinematheque Board of Directors selection committee.
Who is Ridley Scott?
• Sir Ridley Scott is an English film director and producer.
• His best known works are the neo-noir dystopian science fiction film Blade Runner, crime drama Thelma & Louise, historical drama Gladiator, war film Black Hawk Down, crime thriller Hannibal, biographical film American Gangster, and science fiction films Prometheus and The Martian.
• In 1995, both Ridley and his brother Tony received the BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Contribution To Cinema.
• In 2003, he was knighted for his services to the British film industry.
• In 2015, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Royal College of Art in London.
About American Cinematheque Award
• The American Cinematheque Award annually honours an extraordinary artist in the entertainment industry who is fully engaged in his or her work and is committed to making a significant contribution to the art of the motion pictures.
• Reese Witherspoon was the winner of the 2015 American Cinematheque Award.
• Previous American Cinematheque Award honorees include Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Steven Spielberg, Sean Connery, Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, George Clooney Julia Roberts, Robert Downey Jr.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Ridley Scott
When: Announced on 7 June 2016