The former Barcelona and AC Milan player Ronaldinho on 11 January 2016 was announced as the Brand Ambassador of the Nagjee International Club Football Tournament. The tournament will be held at the Corporation Stadium in Kozhikode, Kerala from 5 February 2016 to 21 February 2016.
The legendary footballer was a part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup winning squad and played an important role in the world's biggest sporting extravaganza.
About Nagjee International Club Football Tournament
• The Kozhikode District Football Association and Mondial Sports Management LLP joined hands to resume and revive the Sait Nagjee Trophy after a 21-year gap.
• Sait Nagjee Trophy was a premier football tournament in India and an event that was very popular in Kerala. However, it will be renamed and re-launched as the Nagjee International Club Football Tournament.
• The tournament will be inaugurated at the historic Kozhikode Corporation EMS Stadium, where it was initially started in 1952.
• It will see seven famed teams from across Europe and South America participate along with an Indian club team.
• The participating teams include Argentina's U-23 team, Premier League outfit Watford's U-23 team, La Liga side Levante's U-23 team, Atletico Paranaense's U-23 team from Brazil, German team TSV 1860 Munchen's U-23 side, Romania’s Rapid Bucharest's first team, Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin's U-23 team and an I-League team.
• It is the first time that top European and Latin American clubs are coming to India for a tournament.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 11 January 2016