B Sai Praneeth on 16 April 2017 defeated Kidambi Srikanth 17-21, 21-17, 21-12 to clinch his maiden Super Series title in the Singapore Open final.
It was Praneeth's first appearance in a Super Series final, the biggest events of the international badminton calendar.
Before Praneeth, Saina Nehwal, P.V. Sindhu and Srikanth have won the coveted crown.
About B Sai Praneeth
• Born on 10 August 1992, Sai Praneeth Bhamidipati is an Indian badminton player hailing from Hyderabad, Telangana.
• At the 2016 All England Super Series Premier, he stunned the 2nd seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia in the 1st Round 24-22, 22-20 in straight sets.
• He is the winner of the 2016 Canada Open Grand Prix Men’s Singles title.
About Singapore Open
• The Singapore Open is a badminton event that has been held in Singapore annually since 1987.
• The competition is now a part of the BWF Super Series tournament that began 2007.
• As Aviva Open Singapore, the tournament restarted in 2004, officially organised by the Singapore Badminton Association.
• In 2007, Aviva Open Singapore achieved a milestone by elevating its status after being the first event to offer qualifying points for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
• The total prize purse is USD 350000.
• The winner of the 2016 Singapore Open was Indonesia’s Sony Dwi Kuncoro.