Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik's Santa Claus sculpture featured in Limca Book of Records
Pattnaik was assisted by 20 of his students from the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute of Puri to build the giant structure.
Well-known sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik’s Santa Claus sculpture on 29 December 2015 found a place in Limca Book of World Records.
Pattnaik claimed that he had created a 45 feet high sand Santa Claus at Puri beach on 24 December 2015, which was recognised as the largest sand Santa Claus as of today by the Limca Book of World Records.
Pattnaik was assisted by 20 of his students from the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute of Puri to build the giant structure. It took him 22 hours to build the structure which will be on display till 1 January 2016.
The artist had also created sculptures of Jesus and Mother Mary near Santa Claus.
Pattnaik had already created eight world records registered with the Limca Book of World Records.
Who is Sudarsan Pattnaik?
• Sudarsan Pattnaik is a world-renowned Indian sand artist from Odisha.
• Born on 15 April 1977, he self-taught himself the art of sand sculpture.
• He established The Golden Sand Art Institute which is first of its nature in India.
• His sculptures include environmental crisis, famous festivals, national integrity and religious tolerance.
• He has represented India in 50 international Sand Sculpture championship and festivals all around the world and won 27 championship prizes for the country.
• In 2013, he won gold medal at Saint Peters Burg in 12th International sand sculpture competition at Russia.
• His sand sculpture on Black Taj Mahal earned him accolades all over the world.
• In 2014, he was awarded the Padma Shri by Government of India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App