Six countries of the Arab region, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Yemen, Libya and Egypt have cut off their diplomatic ties with Qatar.
The countries have all accused Doha for destabilising the region and have declared that they would not be maintaining any diplomatic relations with the nation with immediate effect.
• Saudi Arabia’s capital city, Riyadh has closed its borders, severed land, sea and air contact with Doha. This step has been taken to protect the national security of the Kingdom from the dangers of terrorism and extremism.
• UAE has given Qatari diplomats 48 hours to leave the country. Abu Dhabi accused Doha of supporting, funding and embracing terrorism, extremism and sectarian organisations.
• Bahrain also announced cutting diplomatic ties citing ongoing attempts to destabilize security in the kingdom. It blamed Qatar's support for armed terrorist activities and funding linked to Iranian groups to carry out sabotage, for its decision.
• Egypt has also closed its airspace and ports for all Qatari transportation. The Egyptian Foreign Ministry in a statement said that it is severing diplomatic relations with Doha because of the continued hostility of its authorities towards Egypt.
• The Yemen government also announced snapping ties with Qatar accusing it of working with its enemies of the Iran-aligned Houthi militia.
• The Tobruk-based internationally recognized government of Libya also broke off diplomatic relations with Qatar. Foreign Minister Mohammed Dairi stated that Doha has been the main source of supplying weapons to the Libyan branch of the Muslim Brotherhood and other armed Islamist groups since 2012 and poses a threat to the national security of the Arab world.
• The Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Yemen's Houthi rebels have also expelled Qatar from its alliance.
Qatar Foreign Ministry on the hand has expressed regret on the decision of the Arab countries to cut off diplomatic ties. The ministry was quoted saying that the claim behind the cut-off, of Qatar allegedly supporting terrorism, has no basis and is not justified.