Sayeeda Warsi, the Foreign Office minister of Britain resigned from the government on 5 August 2014 in protest of Britain’s policy on Gaza. She described the British policy on the crisis in Gaza as morally indefensible. She tendered her resignation to the British Prime Minister David Cameron.
She was the first female Muslim cabinet minister to serve United Kingdom during David Cameron led government. She, although, has never won an election.
About Sayeeda Hussain Warsi, Baroness Warsi
• Baroness Warsi from May 2010 to September 2012 co-chaired the Conservative Party along with Lord Feldman
• In 2012 in the Prime Minister’s 2012 reshuffle, she was demoted from the cabinet to a middle-ranking Foreign Office post and was made minister for faith and communities
• She was first Muslim to serve in a British Cabinet and third Muslim minister
• Before entering politics, she worked as a solicitor
• She is a British politician of Pakistani origin and was born on 28 March 1971 in Dewsbury, West Riding of Yorkshire. She was born to Pakistani immigrants
When: 5 August 2014