Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel on 16 April 2017 grabbed the first position in the 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix.
The victory is Vettel's second of the season after the four-time world champion won the opener in Australia.
Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas finished second and third in the race, respectively.
About Sebastian Vettel
• Born on 3 July 1987, Sebastian Vettel is a German racing driver.
• At present, he is driving in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari.
• He is a four-time Formula One World Champion, having won the championship in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 with Red Bull Racing.
• He is one of only four drivers to have won four or more drivers' titles.
• He started his career in Formula One as a test driver for BMW Sauber.
• He made his debut with the team at the 2007 United States Grand Prix.
• He became the youngest race winner at the time when he grabbed the first place at the 2008 Italian Grand Prix.
About Bahrain Grand Prix
• The Bahrain Grand Prix is a Formula One Championship race in Bahrain.
• The first race took place at the Bahrain International Circuit on 4 April 2004. It made history as the first Formula One Grand Prix to be held in the Middle East.
• The race is usually the third race of the Formula One calendar. However, in 2006, Bahrain swapped places with the traditional opener, the Australian Grand Prix, which was pushed back to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games.
• In 2014, the race was held as a night event under floodlights to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the first staging of the Bahrain Grand Prix. In doing so, it became the second Formula One night race after the Singapore Grand Prix in 2008.
• The 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix was won by Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg. He did not compete in the 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix as he had retired after the 2016 season.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.