Senior VHP leader Giriraj Kishore died at 94
Senior VHP leader, Giriraj Kishore died in New Delhi following prolonged illness. He was 94.
Giriraj Kishore, the senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader died on 13 July 2014 following prolonged illness in New Delhi. He was 94-year-old.
Giriraj Kishore, a bachelor who was wheelchair-ridden for last few years earlier had pledged to donate his body for social cause.
About Giriraj Kishore
• Giriraj Kishore, an Indian activist and politician was actively associated with the Ram temple agitation (Ram Janmabhoomi Andolan) that led to the demolition of Babri mosque on 6 December 1992
• He joined the RSS at an early age, which sent him to VHP. He joined VHP in 1983 during the first Bharat Mata Yatra
• He has served the VHP International wing as the senior vice president and has also served on the advisory board of the organisation.
• He was one of the senior-most pracharaks of RSS
• He was born on 4 February 1920 in Etah of Uttar Pradesh
• Earlier, he was a school teacher in Morena