Giriraj Kishore, the senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader died on 13 July 2014 following prolonged illness in New Delhi. He was 94-year-old.
Giriraj Kishore, a bachelor who was wheelchair-ridden for last few years earlier had pledged to donate his body for social cause.
About Giriraj Kishore
• Giriraj Kishore, an Indian activist and politician was actively associated with the Ram temple agitation (Ram Janmabhoomi Andolan) that led to the demolition of Babri mosque on 6 December 1992
• He joined the RSS at an early age, which sent him to VHP. He joined VHP in 1983 during the first Bharat Mata Yatra
• He has served the VHP International wing as the senior vice president and has also served on the advisory board of the organisation.
• He was one of the senior-most pracharaks of RSS
• He was born on 4 February 1920 in Etah of Uttar Pradesh
• Earlier, he was a school teacher in Morena
Where: in New Delhi
What: died at the age of 94
When: 13 July 2014