Skill Development Ministry, Maruti Suzuki sign MoU to impart skill training to youth
The Skill Development Ministry has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) with Maruti Suzuki to impart training to youth and enhance their employment potential. The agreement will provide an opportunity to the youth to acquire skills related to automobile and manufacturing industry through specially designed training.
The Skill Development Ministry on 18 December 2017 signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) with Maruti Suzuki to impart training to youth and enhance their employment potential.
The agreement was signed by Vijay Kumar Dev, Director General, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Mukesh Kumar Gupta, Vice President of Maruti Suzuki India Limited in New Delhi.
The deal was signed in the presence of Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Anantkumar Hegde.
• The MoU aims to provide high employment potential trades related to automobile and manufacturing industry to youth under the Skill India Mission.
• The training program would mainly cater to students who are 10th pass and 12th pass outs.
• Under the deal, Maruti Suzuki in consultation with DGT will develop specific training modules as per the need of the automobile industry.
• The Indian automobile manufacturer will then conduct courses at pan-India locations leveraging the facilities and services available at ITIs, regional training centers, training centers of training partners, vendors and dealers associated with it.
• The courses include Manufacturing, Automotive Service & Repair, Automotive Body Repair and Automotive Paint Repair.
• Maruti Suzuki would also identify new courses as per the requirements of the automobile value chain and propose the same to DGT for approval.
• All these courses are to be approved by NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) and it will award certificates to all candidates who successfully complete the course.
Further, Maruti Suzuki will also ensure that not less than 80 per cent of trainees are placed with Maruti Suzuki or its any of its business partners after due screening and fulfilment of selection criteria.
Over 1680 students have enrolled for the course and this figure is expected to go up to 2400 by the fiscal year 2018-19.
Significance of MoU
The agreement will provide an opportunity to the youth to acquire skills related to automobile and manufacturing industry through specially designed training.
It will also contribute to the overall growth of automobile and manufacturing industry by creating a pool of skilled resources.