Sony Six on 12 August 2014 bagged the telecast rights of the first-ever Champions Tennis League (CTL). The inaugural CTL, featuring six city based teams, will be telecasted on Sony Six from 17 – 26 November 2014.
This will be the first time that an event of this nature with top international players will be seen in six cities across India.
About Champions Tennis League (CTL)
• Champions Tennis League was launched by Vijay Amritraj, former Indian tennis star and global ambassador of the sport in India.
• CTL will see 13 matches played over a period of 10 days. The prize money for the winning team will be worth 1 crore rupees while the runner up will receive 50 lakh rupees.
• Each team will feature male and female players with international ranking up to 25.
• Each of the six teams will also have an international legend as there playing captain, apart from a noted Indian male tennis player.
• Besides, a top ranked U-21 Indian boy and girl from the city chosen by All India Tennis Association (AITA) will also be part of each team.
• Delhi, Chandigarh, Bangalore and Mumbai are the four out of six expected cities to participate.
Other than Champions Tennis League, Mahesh Bhupathi’s International Premier Tennis League is beginning from 28 November - 13 December 2014. The International Premier Tennis League is Asia-based, targeting the top five players.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
Who: Sony Six
When: 12 August 2014