The last King of the erstwhile Mysore royal family, Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar passed away in Bangalore on 10 December 2013 due to heart attack
Maharaja Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur also known as Srikanta Wadeyar was the last prince of Mysore Kingdom under Wodeyar dynasty. Wodeyar Dynasty ruled the Kingdom of Mysore between 1399 and 1950.
About Narasimharaja Wodeyar
• Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar was born in 1953. He was the only son of Maharaja Jayachamarajendra Wodiyar, the last ruling Maharaja of Mysore and his second wife Maharani Tripura Sundari Ammani Avaru.
• Maharaja Srikanta Narasimharaja Wodiyar has no sons.
• He studied Masters in Political Science from a college of Mysore University. He succeeded his father as the head of the Wodeyar dynasty in 1974.
• He was elected as a Member of Parliament representing the Mysore Parliamentary Constituency four times as a candidate of Indian National Congress.
• Besides politics, he also had keen interest is fashion designing and was a regular at fashion shows. He used to design for his own brand of silk sarees - Royal Silk.
• Maharaja Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur was the last link with the Mysore city's royal past. He played a key role in conducting the ten-day Dasara celebrations each year in Mysore city. Every year the famous Mysore Dasara festival draws lakhs of tourists from across the world.
When: 10 December 2013