The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry and Textiles Launched 21 New Textile Parks
The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry and Textiles, Anand Sharma on 23 April 2013, launched 21 New Textile Parks approved under SITP.
The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry and Textiles, Anand Sharma on 23 April 2013, launched 21 New Textile Parks approved under Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP). With the launch of these new textile parks, the total number of parks reaches 61 because 40 parks were already sanctioned.
The Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks (SITP)
• The Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks (SITP) plays a vital and instrumental role in the development of wide range of models for green field clusters from a 1000 acre FDI driven integrated cluster, to a 100 acre powerloom cluster and a 20 acre handloom cluster.
• Under this scheme, a total number of 61 parks have been sanctioned. 40 projects out of these began in 11th Five Year Plan and another 21 projects are scheduled to be implemented in 12th Five Year Plan.
• Out of these 21 parks, six are in Maharashtra, four in Rajasthan, two each in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu and one each in Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Tripura, Karnataka, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
• Out of 40 parks which were sanctioned earlier under this scheme, 25 Textile Parks are operational already.
• Most of the parks under this will be completed during 2013-14 financial year.
• The estimated employment generation is more than 10 lakh people with total estimated investment of 27562 crore Rupees.
• It is important to note that in 2013-14 Union Budget, the Union Finance Minister had announced an additional amount of up to 10 crore Rupees per park for establishment of the apparel manufacturing units for the projects under the SITP scheme.
On the occasion of launch, Anand Sharma also released a coffee table book on SITPs. This coffee table book encapsulates the broad features of various ITPs set up all over India. The book gives an insight into the physical and pictorial status of each ongoing Park approved under SITP.