Current Affairs Today Headline- 12 April 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 12 April 2022.
- India, US discuss Ukraine War, Afghanistan issue and Indo-Pacific challenges at 2+2 dialogue.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken urges countries to refrain from major weapons deals with Russia at 2+2 dialogue.
- India's Ambassador to the UN, TS Tirumurti handed over India’s voluntary financial contribution of USD 200,000 to UNITAD to contribute to its efforts to investigate crimes by ISIL.
- Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma honoured poet Nilmani Phookan dangoriya with nation’s highest literary award, Jnanpith Award, 2021 for "his immense contribution towards enriching Assamese literature."
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulates newly elected Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif.
- IAF’s Chinook helicopter undertook the longest non-stop helicopter sortie in India, flying from Chandigarh to Jorhat (Assam).
- India carried out a successful test firing of Helina anti-tank guided missile from the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter in high altitude areas of Ladakh.
- Ousted Pakistani PM Imran Khan demands 'immediate elections' in Pakistan to let the people decide, through fair & free elections.
- Pakistan Muslim League (N) leader Shehbaz Sharif takes oath as the newly-elected Prime Minister of Pakistan
- India, US finalise signing of new Space Situational Awareness arrangement.
- US State Department says orders non-emergency staff to leave Shanghai over strict Covid-19 regulations.
- Australia's Victoria state to host 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Pope Francis to visit Central Asia's largest nation of Kazakhstan in September, where he will participate in an inter-faith dialogue.
- Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi announces deal to boost gas deliveries from energy heavyweight Algeria, in order to reduce Rome's heavy reliance on Russian imports.
- Ukraine war could almost halve global trade growth this year, as per World Trade Organisation.
- The European Union has decided to halt its military training missions in Mali but will keep a presence in the Sahel.
- Citizens face severe scarcity and are being forced to use candles in Sri Lanka.
- At least 24 people have been killed in landslides and flooding across central and southern Philippines, as per authorities.
- An earthquake of magnitude 4.3 occurred at around 11:38pm in Hindu Kush, Afghanistan.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS