Top Current Affairs Quiz: 17 April 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Lok Sabha Elections 2019, banning of TikTok App and first flight of world’s largest airplane among others.
17 April 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Lok Sabha Elections 2019, banning of TikTok App and first flight of world’s largest airplane among others.
1. The Second Phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 will be held on April 18, 2019 in how many constituencies?
2. The Election Commission has cancelled polling in which among the following constituencies on grounds of misuse of money?
3. President Trump has vetoed a bill that sought an end to US military support for Saudi-led war in this nation.
4. One of the world’s largest one-day elections began in which nation on April 17, 2019?
5. Which among the following iconic structures almost burned down recently after a devastating blaze?
a) Acropolis of Athens
b) Notre-Dame Cathedral
c) Westminster Abbey
d) The Colosseum
6. Which nation has disarmed its police as terror threat level lowered?
a) New Zealand
c) South Korea
7. The Reserve Bank of India on April 17, 2019 issued banknotes signed by the Governor Shaktikanta Das of which denomination?
a) Rs 20
b) Rs 50
c) Rs 100
d) Rs 200
8. Which of the following platforms blocked the access to TikTok App recently in India?
9. The world’s largest airplane took off for the very first time on April 13, 2019. The aircraft has been developed by which company?
d) Lockheed Martin
10. A raging fire recently tore through Notre-Dame Cathedral, the 850-year-old Gothic building. The cathedral is located in which country?
1. (b) 97
The Second Phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 will be held on April 18, 2019 in 97 Lok Sabha Constituencies across 12 States and 1 Union Territory. The voting for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Phase II will be held for some parliamentary constituencies of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
2. (b) Vellore
The Election Commission of India has cancelled polling Tamil Nadu’s Vellore constituency on the grounds of misuse of money. The South Indian state will go to polls for 38 out of the total 39 Lok Sabha seats on April 18, 2019, during the second phase of polls. Vellore polls have been rescinded following reports of the large-scale illegal flow of cash.
3. (c) Yemen
US President Donald Trump on April 16, 2019 vetoed a bill passed by the Congress to end US military assistance in Saudi Arabia-led war in Yemen. The veto, which is the second one in Trump's presidency, was expected. The Congress had voted for the first time to invoke the War Powers Resolution to try and stop US involvement in a foreign conflict.
Indonesia on April 17, 2019 kicked off one of the world's biggest one-day elections to pick a new president and parliament after a six-month campaign. The polls have pitted incumbent President Joko Widodo, who is a clear favourite, against ex-general Prabowo Subianto in a race to lead the nation.
5. (b) Notre-Dame Cathedral
The Notre-Dame Cathedral in central Paris, France almost burned down in a devastating fire that began on April 15, 2019. The fire completely destroyed the spire of the iconic structure and two-thirds of its largely medieval roof. UNESCO experts have agreed to help in rebuilding the structure.
6. (a) New Zealand
New Zealand police on April 17, 2019 ended the routine arming of frontline officers as the terrorism threat level was lowered a month after the Christchurch mosques massacre. The police and security agencies reduced the threat level from high to medium. The level is still higher than it was before the March 15 attacks, when the threat was deemed to be "low".
7. (b) Rs 50
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 17, 2019 issued Rs 50 denomination banknotes signed by the Governor Shaktikanta Das. The design of these notes is similar in all respects to Rs 50 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi new series.
8. (c) Google
Google on April 16, 2019 blocked the access to highly popular Chinese video app 'TikTok' on its play store following the refusal of the Madras High Court to lift the ban imposed on the app on April 3, 2019. The app is now not available for download from Google playstore.
9. (a) Stratolaunch
World’s largest airplane took off for the very first time on April 13, 2019. Stratolaunch built this aircraft in eight years. After its successful test flight, company hopes to use the twin-fuselage, six-engine, catamaran-style aircraft to launch satellite-bearing rockets into space by 2022. This test flight was done at Mojave Desert, California.
10. (a) France
In France, a raging fire tore through 850-year-old Gothic building, Notre-Dame Cathedral in central Paris. Around 400 firefighters battled into the night to control the flames. The cause of the blaze was not immediately clear.