Top Current Affairs Quiz: 24 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as ICC Test Rankings, OBC quota and next Prime Minister of UK among others.
24 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as ICC Test Rankings, OBC quota and next Prime Minister of UK among others.
1. Which cricketer currently holds the number 1 spot in ICC Test Rankings?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Kane Williamson
c) Joe Root
d) Virat Kohli
2. Which state’s assembly has passed a bill raising OBC quota to 27 percent?
b) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which state government has decided to bring a legislation to ensure journalists’ job security?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
4. Who has been chosen as the next Prime Minister of United Kingdon?
a) Adward Luke
b) Jeremy Hunt
c) Boris Johnson
d) Karl Parkinson
5. Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has taken charge as the Governor of which among the following states?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
6. When will World Test Championship begin?
a) August 1st
b) July 31st
c) August 22nd
d) August 10th
7. Which country has recently imposed Carbon Tax?
a) South Africa
8. In which city of India amount of pollutant particles of ozone has increased almost one and a half times during the last one year?
9. After successful launch of Chandrayaan-2 by India, which country has expressed a desire to work on space programs with India?
10. According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook, July 2019 what will be the growth rate of India in year 2020-21?
1. (d) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli, Indian skipper retained his number one position in the latest ICC Test batsmen's rankings. Kohli, who last featured in India's 2-1 Test series win over Australia, currently, has 922 points.
2. (b) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Assembly unanimously passed an amendment bill on July 23 raising reservation in government jobs and education for Other Backward Classes (OBC) to 27 per cent from the present 14 per cent.
3. (d) West Bengal
West Bengal government has decided to bring a legislation in the assembly for ensuring the job security of Journalists in the State.
4. (c) Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson blustering Brexit campaigner was chosen as the U.K.’s next prime minister recently, with a resounding mandate from the Conservative Party but conflicting demands from a politically divided country.
5. (c) Andhra Pradesh
Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has taken charge as the new Governor of Andhra Pradesh in Rajbhavan in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. His oath was administered by the AP High Court Acting Chief Justice Justice C. Praveen Kumar.
6. (a) August 1st
World Test Championship will begin on August 1, 2019 with the beginning of the first Ashes test match between England and Australia at Edgbaston in Birmingham, UK.
7. (a) South Africa
South Africa's recently introduced carbon tax will ensure zero waste to landfill, reduce greenhouse gas emissions as well boost investments for low carbon alternatives. The carbon tax aims to reduce 34 per cent carbon emissions by 2020 and 42 per cent emissions by 2025.
8. (b) Delhi
Ozone is a gas formed in conjunction with three atoms of oxygen, which is found in very small amounts in the atmosphere. The total percentage of ozone in the atmosphere is very small compared to other gases. German scientist Christian Friedrich discovered ozone gas in 1839.
9. (b) China
China congratulated India after successful launch of the Chandrayaan-2. China has also shared its desires to work with India for upcoming outer space programmes. China has launched its five lunar explorations missions to the Moon till date.
10. (a) 7.2%
According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook, July 2019, India’s economy will grow at 7% in the year 2019, picking up to 7.2 % in the year 2020-21.