Top Current Affairs Quiz: 24 May 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Lok Sabha Election results 2019, ICC World Cup 2019 and strength of Judges in the Supreme Court among others.
24 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Lok Sabha Election results 2019, ICC World Cup 2019 and strength of Judges in the Supreme Court among others.
1. Who is the youngest BJP candidate to win in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
a) Nusrat Jahan
b) Tejaswi Surya
c) Praveen Nishad
d) Mukut Bihari
2. Which seat of Uttar Pradesh was not won by the Bhartiya Janata Party in Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
3. In Lok Sabha Election 2019 results which candidate has won from Begusarai Lok Sabha constituency?
a) Gopal Jee Yadav
b) Ravi Shankar Prasad
c) Giriraj Singh
d) Dinesh Chandra Yadav
4. What is the present strength of Judges in the Supreme Court, as on May 24, 2019?
5. Who will be conferred with Japan's 'Order of the Rising Sun' award for strengthening the strategic ties and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Japan?
a) Shyam Saran
b) Sushma Swaraj
c) Raveesh Kumar
d) Ramnath Kovind
6. The Indian cricket team would be playing its first match at the ICC World Cup 2019 against which nation?
a) New Zealand
b) South Africa
7. The ICC World Cup 2019 will begin in England and Wales on which among the following dates?
a) May 31
b) May 30
c) June 2
d) June 1
8. Who has been recently re-elected as the President of South Africa?
a) Jacob Zuma
b) Kgalema Motlanthe
c) Thabo Mbeki
d) Cyril Ramaphosa
9. The BJP has won how many seats in West Bengal Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
10. Who will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30?
a) Jagan Mohan Reddy
b) Chandrababu Naidu
c) MK Stalin
d) K Chandrashekhar Rao
1. (a) Nusrat Jahan
Tejaswi Surya is the youngest candidate of the BJP to win in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 from the Bangaluru south. Surya defeated B.K.Hariprasad of Congress.
2. (b) Rampur
Samajwadi Party candidate Azam Khan won in Rampur constituency of Uttar Pradesh against Bollywood actress and BJP candidate Jaya Prada. The BJP won a total of 62 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
3. (c) Giriraj Singh
BJP candidate Giriraj Singh won from Begusarai Lok Sabha constituency. He has defeated Kanhaiya Kumar by more than 4.22 lakh votes.
4. (d) 31
Justices BR Gavai, Surya Kant, Aniruddha Bose and AS Bopanna were recently sworn-in as the Judges of the Supreme Court. With this, the number of judges in the Supreme Court now stands at 31, which is the full sanctioned strength of the apex court.
5. (a) Shyam Saran
Former foreign secretary Shyam Saran will be conferred with Japan's 'Order of the Rising Sun' award for strengthening the strategic ties and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Japan.
6. (b) South Africa
India’s opening match at the ICC World Cup 2019 would be against South Africa on June 5, 2019. The Indian Team has won the cricket world cup twice, first in 1983 against the West Indies and the second time in 2011 against Sri Lanka on home ground.
7. (b) May 30
The ICC World Cup 2019 will begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The first match will be held between England and South Africa.
8. (d) Cyril Ramaphosa
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has been re-elected to the Presidential position by the lawmakers of the nation. The Members of Parliament from the African National Congress chose the head of state in the parliament's first post-election sitting. The African National Congress party won the ballot with 57.5 per cent of the vote, its thinnest majority since the end of apartheid.
9. (c) 18
The BJP has won a whopping 18 seats in West Bengal in Lok Sabha Elections 2019, while the TMC has won 22 seats, down from its previous 34 in Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
10. (a) Jagan Mohan Reddy
YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30, 2019 at Vijayawada. The YSR Congress trumped over Naidu’s TDP by winning 151 out of the total 175 seats. The TDP has been reduced to just 23 seats in these assembly elections.