Top Current Affairs Quiz: 25 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary, MS Dhoni, World Test Championship and Vande Bharat Express among others.
25 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary, MS Dhoni, World Test Championship and Vande Bharat Express among others.
1. Who has been appointed as UK’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary?
a) Priti Patel
b) Rishi Sunak
c) Alok Sharma
d) Nisha Kulhari
2. MS Dhoni will be deployed with the Territorial Army Battalion in which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Arunachal Pardesh
d) Jammu and Kashmir
3. India’s campaign in the World Test Championship will begin with which nation’s tour?
a) Sri Lanka
b) West Indies
4. Who was elected as Deputy Speaker of Goa Assembly?
a) Isidore Fernandes
b) Rajesh Patnekar
c) Michael Lobo
d) Pramod Sawant
5. India’s fastest train, Vande Bharat Express recently completed trial run from New Delhi to Katra. What is another name of the Vande Bharat Express?
a) Train 18
b) Fastrack 18
c) Bullet 18
d) Quix 18
6. Which country has developed a method to convert Jute fibre into Bio-Degradable plastic alternative called ‘Sonali’?
a) Sri Lanka
7. In which state the Union Environment Ministry has recently declared monkeys a Vermin for a year?
a) Himachal Pradesh
8. In which city Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the creation of a museum in memory of all the former Prime Ministers?
9. Which educational institute has launched AI App CARE4U for the benefit of senior citizens?
a) IIT Madras
b) IIT Kharagpur
c) IIT Delhi
d) IIT Kanpur
10. Which among the following nations fired two projectiles toward East Sea?
b) North Korea
d) South Korea
1. (a) Priti Patel
Priti Patel has been appointed as UK’s first Indian-origin home secretary. Patel was appointed by Britain's new Prime Minister Boris Johnson. She succeeds Pakistani-origin Sajid Javid, who has been appointed as the first ethnic minority Chancellor of the Exchequer.
2. (d) Jammu and Kashmir
MS Dhoni has begun his training with Indian Army's Territorial Army Battalion. Dhoni will be deployed in Kashmir Valley for 15 days. He will be on patrol and guard duties.
3. (b) West Indies
The inaugural ICC World Test Championship will begin with the first Ashes test between Australia and England at Birmingham on August 1, 2019. India will begin its World Test Championship campaign with its two-match Test series against the West Indies in August 2019.
4. (a) Isidore Fernandes
BJP MLA Isidore Fernandes has been elected as the Deputy Speaker of the Goa Assembly. Fernandes succeeds Michael Lobo, who resigned earlier in July 2019 itself.
5. (a) Train 18
India’s fastest train, Vande Bharat Express successfully completed the trial run from New Delhi to Katra town of Jammu and Kashmir. Also known as Train 18, the train can run at a speed of 160 km per hour.
6. (b) Bangladesh
A team of scientists from state-run Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation (BJMC) developed a process to convert Jute fibre into Bio-Degradable cellulose sheets ‘Sonali’. The country will start the commercial production of these bags by 2019 end.
7. (a) Himachal Pradesh
Union environment ministry has declared monkeys as ‘vermin’ in Himachal Pradesh, allowing local authorities to cull this animal in certain identified non-forest areas in Shimla for one year.
8. (d) Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that a grand museum dedicated to all the former prime ministers of the country will be built in Delhi. He made the announcement at at an event to release a book on former Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar, written by Rajya Sabha deputy chairman Harivansh.
9. (b) IIT Khadagpur
The mobile app ‘CARE4U’ created by the IIT Kharagpur students connects the caregiver's phone to the elderly's. It can remind the person to take medicines and even detect if the person has fallen down. The 'CARE4U' mobile app can also do a plethora of other day-to-day life activities like make a call, send a text, book a cab and so on.
10. (b) North Korea
North Korea has fired two projectiles toward the East Sea, as per South Korean officials. According to reports, North Korea launched the two unidentified projectiles from the Wonson area and that the flight distance was approximately 430 kilometers.