Top Current Affairs Quiz: 26 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Kargil Diwas, Budget Session 2019 and FIFA rankings among others.
26 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Kargil Diwas, Budget Session 2019 and FIFA rankings among others.
1. Which Indian Naval Ship is participating in the Russian Navy Day Parade?
a) INS Tarkash
b) INS Tarini
c) INS Vikrant
d) INS Vikramaditya
2. Which Union Minister will head the panel to examine and suggest ways to prevent workplace sexual harassment?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Amit Shah
c) Nirmala Sitharaman
d) Smriti Irani
3. Which of the following has been announced as the official sponsor of Team India?
4. When was the 20th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas observed?
a) 25th July
b) 26th July
c) 27th July
d) 28th July
5. Which among the following cricketers will retire after Sri Lanka’s first ODI against Bangladesh on July 26?
a) Lasith Malinga
b) shoaib malik
c) Shakib Al Hasan
d) Kusal Mendis
6. Till what date Budget Session 2019 has been extended?
a) August 7
b) August 10
c) August 12
d) August 14
7. Which research institute has recently found that a typical apple carries more than 100m bacteria inside it?
a) University of Chicago
b) Michigan State University
c) Graz University of Technology
d) Delhi University
8. What is the rank of India in latest FIFA rankings?
1. (a) INS Tarkash
INS Tarkash will be participating in the Russian Navy Day Parade. The Indian Naval Ship arrived at St Petersburg, Russia on July 25, 2019 and will be berthed at Lt Schmidt Embankment.
2. (b) Amit Shah
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will be heading a panel of four cabinet ministers formed to examine and suggest ways to prevent workplace sexual harassment. The Members of the panel are - Smriti Irani and Nirmala Sitharaman.
3. (c) Byju
Byju’s has been recently appointed as the official sponsor of Team India, replacing Oppo. Byju’s will be sponsoring Team India from September 5, 2019 until March 31, 2022.
4. (b) 26th July
20th Anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated on July 26, 2019 to commemorate the Operation Vijay of 1999, when India regained the control of Kargil from Pakistan.
5. (a) Lasith Malinga
Lasith Malinga will retire from ODI cricket after Sri Lanka’s first One-day International against Bangladesh on Friday. Malinga announced his retirement decision on Monday through a facebook video. The veteran pacer used his wife’s facebook account to go live.
6. (a) August 7
The Budget session of Parliament has been extended till August 7, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi informed in Lok Sabha. The session, which began on 17 June, was earlier scheduled to conclude on July 26.
7. (c) Graz University of Technology
A study conducted by researches of Graz University of Technology, Austria said that a typical apple carries more than 100m bacteria. Some of these microbes are important in maintaining a healthy gut environment.
8. (d) 103
The Indian football team moved down by two places to 103 in the latest FIFA rankings released recently. Belgium tops the list, followed by Copa America champion Brazil and 2018 World Cup winners France on second and third positions respectively.