Current Affairs Quiz: 26 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Commonwealth Youth Parliament, Filaria immunization campaign and International Children's Peace Prize for the year 2019 among others.
26 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Commonwealth Youth Parliament, Filaria immunization campaign and International Children's Peace Prize for the year 2019 among others.
1. Who has been appointed as the pro-tem speaker of Maharashtra assembly?
a) Balasaheb Thorat
b) K C Padavi
c) Kalidas Kolambkar
d) Nawab Malik
2. Who is likely to be the new Maharashtra Chief Minister?
a) Aditya Thackeray
b) Uddhav Thackeray
c) Sharad Pawar
d) Prithviraj Chavan
3. When will Cartosat 3 be launched?
a) November 27th
b) November 28th
c) November 30th
d) December 1st
4. The Parliament passed Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill. Which among the following provisions of the bill was seen as contentious?
a) Right to movement
b) Opportunity to hold public office
c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate
d) Right to rent, live or otherwise occupy property
5. When is National Milk Day observed every year in India?
a) 25 November
b) 26 November
c) 24 November
d) 23 November
6. Which country’s 'Floating School Project' was recently awarded the Aga Khan Architecture Award?
7. When is National Constitution Day observed every year?
a) 22 November
b) 24 November
c) 25 November
d) 26 November
8. “मा गृधः कस्यस्विद्धनम्” was recently adopted as the motto of which organisation?
b) NITI Aayog
c) Ministry of Jal Shakti
d) Election Commission
9. The Bill regarding the merger of two Union Territories was introduced in Lok Sabha on 26 November. The Bill calls for merger of which two UTs?
a) Ladakh & Jammu & Kashmir
b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
c) Lakshadweep & Andaman and Nicobar Islands
d) Delhi & Chandigarh
10. India will be conducting the bilateral military exercise ‘Hand in Hand’ in December 2019 with which country?
1. (c) Kalidas Kolambkar
Eight-time MLA Kalidas Kolambkar was appointed by Maharashtra Governor BS Koshyari as the pro-tem speaker of the Maharashtra assembly.
2. (b) Uddhav Thackeray
Uddhav Thackeray is likely to take oath as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra on November 27, 2019. The Shiv Sena Chief is likely to be appointed as the chief of the NCP-Shiv Sena-Congress Maha Aghadi.
3. (a) November 27th
Cartosat-3 satellite, third-generation satellite with high-resolution imaging capability, will be launched on November 27, 2019. The satellite is an advanced earth observation satellite, which can be used for weather mapping, cartography or army defence and other strategic applications.
4. (c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate
The transgender bill 2019 was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 5, 2019. The transgender community has been protesting for the bill to be sent to a select committee as it fails to address the fundamental right of a transgender to determine his or her identity but rather it confers power to the District Magistrate to grant certificate of identity to Transgender applicants.
5. (b) 26 November
National Milk Day is observed across India every year on November 26 on the birthday of Dr. Varghese Kurien. He is also known as the father of the White Revolution. It was started in 2014 by the Indian Dairy Association (IDA).
6. (b) Bangladesh
Arcadia Education Project was awarded the prestigious Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019, which includes the construction of a Floating School for marginalized children in South Kanarachor, Bangladesh. The award ceremony was held in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan.
7. (d) 26 November
National Constitution Day is celebrated on 26 November every year in India. On this day, the efforts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, are remembered on this day. The Indian constitution was adopted on 26 November 1949 by the Constituent Assembly of India.
8. (a) Lokpal
Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose, the Chairman of Lokpal, recently launched the logo of Lokpal and officially adopted “मा गृधः कस्यस्विद्धनम्” as the motto of the Lokpal. The motto implies “Do not be greedy for anyone’s wealth.”
9. (b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy on November 26, 2019 introduced the Bill regarding the merger of Union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu in Lok Sabha. The Bill is named as “Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019”.
10. (c) China
India and China will undertake the bilateral military exercise ‘Hand in Hand’ from December 7, 2019. The exercise will go on for 13 days and will conclude on December 20, 2019.