Top Current Affairs Quiz: 29 April 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019 and ban on face covering among others.
29 April 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019 and ban on face covering among others.
1. The voting for the fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held for how many constituencies?
2. Which nation has announced a ban on covering of the face with any kind of veil or burqa?
b) United Kingdom
c) Sri Lanka
d) United States
3. Which cyclone is expected to intensify into a very severe cyclonic storm and will continue to move North West and change its path to North East in India, as per MeT department?
a) Cyclone Titli
b) Cyclone Ockhi
c) Cyclone Maarutha
d) Cyclone Fani
4. Who was recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019 recently by the Wrestling Federation of India?
a) Vinesh Phogat
b) Sushil Kumar
c) Sakshi Malik
d) Harpreet Singh
5. The National Company Law Tribunal approved the merger of which bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion?
a) IDBI Bank
b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
c) IndusInd Bank
d) RBL Bank
6. Around 135 flights were delayed of which Indian airlines on April 28, 2019 due to the ripple effect of the shutdown of its software?
c) Air India
7. Which party has won Spain’s snap elections?
a) Socialist Workers’ party
b) Conservative People’s party
c) Centre-right Citizens party
d) Vox Party
8. How many parliamentary constituencies have gone to polls in Uttar Pradesh in the fourth phase of elections?
9. When was the World Day for Safety and Health at Work observed?
a) April 28
b) April 26
c) April 25
d) April 27
10. India continues to be on the Priority Watch List of which among the following nations due to lack of sufficient measurable improvements to its Intellectual Property (IP) framework?
a) United Kingdom
d) United States
1. (a) 72
The fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held on April 29, 2019 for 72 Lok Sabha Constituencies across 9 States. The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Phase 4 saw voting in 17 seats of Maharashtra, 13 seats each in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, 8 in West Bengal, 6 each in Madhya Pradesh and Odisha, 5 in Bihar, and 3 in Jharkhand.
2. (c) Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on April 28, 2019 announced a ban on covering of the face with burqa, veil or in any manner that prevents identification of the person. The order comes a week after coordinated blasts hit three churches and three luxury hotels in the nation, killing over 250 people and injuring more than 500 others.
3. (d) Cyclone Fani
Cyclone Fani is expected to intensify into a very severe cyclonic storm and will continue to move North West and change its path to North East. Cyclone Fani’s landfall over Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh is ruled out. However, the possibility of landfall in Odisha is under continuous watch.
4. (a) Vinesh Phogat
The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) recommended the names of Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019. Current number one wrestler, Punia recently won the Asian Wrestling Championships in Xi'an, China.
5. (c) IndusInd Bank
The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approved the merger of IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL). The merger will be completed within 2-4 weeks. Post merger, the BFIL will become a subsidiary of the IndusInd Bank.
6. (c) Air India
Around 135 flights of Air India were delayed due to the ripple effect of the shutdown of its software. These flights were delayed by an average of 197 minutes. Thousands of passengers had a harrowing time at airports across the world.
7. (a) Socialist Workers’ party
Spain’s ruling center-left socialist party has won the snap elections that were held on April 28, 2019. The opinion polls had predicted a victory for outgoing socialist premier Pedro Sanchez. With 99 percent of the ballots counted, the Socialists led by Prime Minister Sanchez won 29 percent of the vote, capturing 123 seats in the 350-seat Congress of Deputies.
8. (b) 13
In the fourth phase of polls in Uttar Pradesh, the polling has begun in 13 parliamentary constituencies including Shahjahanpur, Kheri, Hardoi, Misrikh, Unnao, Farrukhabad, Etawah, Kannauj, Kanpur, Akbarpur, Jalaun, Jhansi and Hamirpur.
9. (a) April 28
The World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed across the globe on April 28, 2019. The day is observed annually to promote safe, healthy and decent work. This year, the world day attempts to take stock of a 100 years of work in improving occupational safety and health and looks to the future for continuing these efforts through major changes such as technology, demographics, sustainable development including climate change and changes in work organisation.
10. (d) United States
The United States on April 25, 2019 yet again placed India on its ‘Priority Watch List’, alleging lack of sufficient measurable improvements to its Intellectual Property (IP) framework on long-standing and new challenges, which has negatively affected American right holders over the past year.