Top Current Affairs Quiz: 29 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Man vs Wild Modi episode, Article 35A and Union Minister Jaipal Reddy among others.
29 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Man vs Wild Modi episode, Article 35A and Union Minister Jaipal Reddy among others.
1. Which among the following states has received a GI tag for its rasagola?
2. When will Sawan Shivratri be observed in 2019?
a) August 1st
b) July 31st
c) July 30th
d) August 10th
3. Which among the following leaders will be seen guest starring in a Man vs Wild episode with host Bear Grylls?
a) Donald Trump
b) Narendra Modi
c) Vladimir Putin
d) Justin Trudeau
4. Who among the following said these lines, “Tinkering with Article 35A will be akin to setting a powder keg on fire”?
a) Mehbooba Mufti
b) Omar Abdullah
c) Rahul Gandhi
d) Sonia Gandhi
5. Former Union Minister Jaipal Reddy passed away on 28th July. How many times was Reddy elected to the Lok Sabha?
6. India has signed an agreement with which among the following countries to enable visa free travel?
d) The Gambia
7. When is the International Tiger Day observed globally?
a) 28th July
b) 29th July
c) 30th July
d) 31st July
8. K R Ramesh Kumar resigned as Speaker of which State Assembly?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) West Bengal
9. Who won the Gold Medal in 51 kg category of 23rd President's Cup Boxing Tournament?
a) Mary Kom
b) Simranjit Kaur
c) Pinki Rani
d) Ankushita Boro
10. Which city will host the 2020 Khelo India Youth Games?
1. (a) Odisha
Odisha has received a GI tag for its version of Rasgulla, a year after west Bengal got the GI tag for its version of Rasagola in November 2017. Odisha had been claiming the geographical tag for the sweet since a few years. GI registry based in Chennai, issued the formal certification for “Odisha Rasagola".
2. (c) July 30th
Sawan Shivratri will be observed on July 30 this year. The auspicious day is also known as Masa Shivaratri. Sawan or Shravan month, which began on July 17, will continue till August 15. The holy month is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
3. (b) Narendra Modi
PM Narendra Modi will be seen in an all-new avatar in the upcoming Man vs Wild episode with adventurer host Bear Grylls. Mod will be Bear Grylls’ special guest in the exclusive episode, which will air on August 12, 2019 at 9 pm on the Discovery Channel.
4. (a) Mehbooba Mufti
Mehbooba Mufti, former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister, warned the ruling government saying that any tinkering with Article 35 A would be akin to setting a powder keg on fire.
5. (d) Five
S Jaipal Reddy was a five-time Lok Sabha MP, four-time MLA, two-time Rajya Sabha MP and union minister under three governments.
6. (b) Benin
India and Benin have signed an important agreement for the circulation of diplomatic passport holders from both countries, which will enable diplomatic passports from both Benin and India to travel to both countries without visa.
7. (b) 29th July
The International Tiger Day is observed across the world on 29 July to raise awareness about declining numbers of wild tigers. To observe the Day, PM Narendra Modi launched a census report of tigers in India titled ‘The Tiger Estimation Report 2018’.
8. (c) Karnataka
K R Ramesh Kumar announced his resignation as the Karnataka Assembly Speaker on July 29, 2019 following the adoption of confidence motion moved by chief minister B S Yediyurappa.
9. (a) Mary Kom
Mary Kom and Simranjit Kaur won the gold medal in 51kg category and 60kg category respectively each in the 23rd President's Cup Boxing Tournament held in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia.
10. (a) Guwahati
The 2020 Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Guwahati, Assam, as announced by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju. The third edition of games will begin from 18 January 2020.