Current Affairs Quiz: 29 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Migration Report 2020, IFFI awards 2019 and second quarter GDP growth rate among others.
29 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Migration Report 2020, IFFI awards 2019 and second quarter GDP growth rate among others.
1. According to latest government notification, the GDP of second quarter shows how much growth rate?
a) 5 percent
b) 3.5 percent
c) 4.5 percent
d) 5.7 percent
2. Which country has the largest number of migrants living abroad, as per World Migration Report 2020?
3. Which country had the largest number of stateless persons in 2018?
4. Which country was the largest refugee resettlement country in 2018?
a) United States
5. Which film won the Golden Peacock Award at IFFI 2019?
6. Who won the Best Director award at IFFI 2019?
a) Blaise Harrison
b) Pema Tseden
c) Lijo Jose Pellissery
d) Amin Sidi Boumediene
7. PM Narendra Modi recently pledged $400 million line of credit to which nation to strengthen its economy?
c) Sri Lanka
8. The Lok Sabha has passed a bill to regularise the unauthorised colonies of which city?
9. Rwanda received the ICFT –UNESCO Gandhi Medal at IFFI 2019. The film belongs to which nation?
10. Who has been appointed as the new pro tem speaker of Maharashtra state assembly?
a) Dilip Patil
b) Jayant Patil
c) Prithviraj Chavan
d) Nawab Malik
1. (c) 4.5 percent
The latest notification by the Government of India revealed that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for quarter 2 shows a growth rate of 4.5 percent.
2. (d) India
India is largest country of origin of international migrants, with 17.5 million living abroad, followed by Mexico (11.8 million) and China (10.7 million).
3. (c) Bangladesh
Bangladesh had the largest number of stateless persons (around 906,000). It was followed by Côte d’Ivoire (692,000) and Myanmar (620,000). The total number of stateless persons globally in 2018 was 3.9 million.
4. (b) Canada
Canada was the largest refugee resettlement country, resettling more refugees than the United States in 2018. Syria and Turkey were the origin nations of the largest number of refugees globally with 6.7 million and 3.7 million refugees respectively.
5. (a) Particles
A French-Swiss film directed by Blaise Harrison, ‘Particles’ won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa. The award carried a trophy, citation and a cash prize worth Rs 40 lakh.
6. (c) Lijo Jose Pellissery
Lijo Jose Pellissery, Director of Jallikattu has won the ‘Best Director Award’ at IFFI 2019. The award carries a Silver Peacock trophy, a citation and a cash prize worth Rs 15 lakh.
7. (c) Sri Lanka
India has announced a $400 million line of credit to Sri Lanka to help the nation in strengthening its economy. PM Modi made the announcement while delivering a joint statement with visiting Sri Lankan President, Gotabaya Rajapaksa on November 29, 2019.
8. (b) Delhi
The Lok Sabha on November 28, 2019 passed the bill to regularise property of residents living in unauthorised colonies in Delhi by securing the rights of ownership.
9. (d) Italy
The ICFT –UNESCO Gandhi Medal went to Italian film ‘Rwanda’, which has been directed by Riccardo Salvetti.
10. (a) Dilip Patil
Nationalist Congress Party MLA Dilip Walse Patil has been appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly. He will be presiding over the special session of the Maharashtra assembly called on November 29, 2019.