Top Current Affairs Quiz: 29 October 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the 47th Chief Justice of India, new Lieutenant Governors of J&K and Ladakh and free bus service scheme for women among others.
29 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the 47th Chief Justice of India, new Lieutenant Governors of J&K and Ladakh and free bus service scheme for women among others.
1. Who has been appointed as the 47th Chief Justice of India?
a) Justice NV Ramana
b) Justice AK Mishra
c) Justice SA Bobde
d) Justice RF Nariman
2. What was the name of the leader of terrorist organization Islamic State, who was recently killed in a US military operation?
a) Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
b) Abdul Rehman Yasin
c) Ibrahim al-Yakub
3. J&K Governor Satya Pal Malik has been transferred and appointed as the new Governor of which among the following states?
4. Who has been appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
a) Girish Chandra Murmu
b) Satya Pal Malik
c) Radha Krishna Mathur
d) PS Sreedharan Pillai
5. Who has been appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh?
a) Mridula Sinha
b) PS Sreedharan Pillai
c) Girish Chandra Murmu
d) Radha Krishna Mathur
6. Which cricketer is set to face an international ban for not reporting a bookie approach?
a) Faf Du Plessis
b) Shakib Al Hasan
c) Steve Smith
d) Jonny Bairstow
7. Which state/UT government has announced to provide free travel facility for women in public bus service?
8. How many members of the European Union delegation arrived in India to visit Jammu and Kashmir?
9. Which country has shown an interest in purchasing of BrahMos missile?
10. Which state is hosting the 7th edition of Tawang festival?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
1. (c) Justice SA Bobde
President Ram Nath Kovind signed a warrant formally appointing Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde as the 47th Chief Justice of India on October 29, 2019. Justice Bobde will be sworn in as the CJI on November 18, a day after the retirement of current CJI Ranjan Gogoi.
2. (a) Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
US President Donald Trump announced in a press conference that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the terrorist organization Islamic State (IS), had been killed. While addressing a press conference, Trump said that trained commandos of the US military killed Baghdadi in a special operation in the remote village of Barisha in the Syrian province Idlib.
3. (c) Goa
Satya Pal Malik, who served as the 13th and last Governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, was transferred and appointed as the new Governor of Goa.
4. (a) Girish Chandra Murmu
Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the first Governor of the J&K Union Territory. He is a 1985-batch retired IAS officer from Gujarat-cadre.
5. (d) Radha Krishna Mathur
The Government has chosen Radha Krishna Mathur to be the first Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Ladakh. Mathur formerly served as the Chief Information Commissioner till November 2018.
6. (b) Shakib Al Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan could face an 18-month long ICC ban for failing to report a bookie approach incident. A bookie had approached Shakib Al Hasan with an offer before an international match, almost two years ago.
7. (b) Delhi
Delhi state government launched a free bus service for all women on October 29, on the occasion of Bhai Dooj. Under the scheme, 'single journey free travel passes' will be issued to women free of cost in all DTC and cluster buses including the AC ones.
8. (a) 27
A delegation of 27 EU MPs will assess the situation in Jammu and Kashmir after repealing the provisions of Article 370. These include people from political parties of countries like the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
9. (d) The Philippines
The Philippines military has shown an interest in purchasing the BrahMos missile jointly designed by India and Russia. The matter was discussed between Indian and Philippines officials during the visit of Indian Navy warship INS Sahyadri to the Philippines.
10. (d) Arunachal Pradesh
The 7th edition of the Tawang Festival kicked off on October 29, 2019 in Arunachal Pradesh. US Ambassador to India Kenneth Juster had declared the festival open.
Also read: Current Affairs in Short: 29 October 2019