Top Current Affairs Quiz: 30 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Triple Talaq Bill, new Governor of West Bengal and Indian Navy’s new ship among others.
30 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Triple Talaq Bill, new Governor of West Bengal and Indian Navy’s new ship among others.
1. Who among the following said these words, “The true motive of Triple Talaq bill is destruction of Muslim families”?
a) Digvijaya Singh
b) Ghulam Nabi Azad
c) Ambika Soni
d) Roopa Ganguly
2. Business Tycoon VG Siddhartha has gone missing and extensive search operation is on in Karnataka to locate him. Siddhartha was the founder of which among the following chains?
d) Indian Coffee House
3. Jagdeep Dhankar was sworn in as the Governor of which state?
a) West Bengal
4. Which among the following ships was commissioned into the Indian Navy?
a) LCU L-63
b) LCU L-51
c) LCU L-56
d) LCU L-73
5. As per a recent UN report, how many children have been killed and injured in armed conflicts?
6. Which country has built first of its kind Underwater Military Museum?
7. According to the Tiger Census Report 2018, which state of India has the highest tiger presence?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
8. What is the name of India's first female legislator in whose honour Google has created a doodle?
a) Savitri Swami
b) Muthulakshmi Reddi
c) Ankita Deshpande
d) Aarti Narayan
9. Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh submitted his resignation from the Parliament’s upper house today. Singh belonged to which party?
10. What is the name of the tropical storm that grew into a hurricane in the US?
1. (b) Ghulam Nabi Azad
Ghulam Nabi Azad, the leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha said in his Triple Talaq bill speech, "Destruction of Muslim families, true motive of Triple Talaq bill."
2. (b) CCD
VG Siddhartha, founder of Cafe Coffee Day (CCD), has gone missing since Monday evening from the Netravati dam site in Karnataka. VG Siddhartha is also the son-in-law of former Karnataka CM and Union minister SM Krishna.
3. (a) West Bengal
Jagdeep Dhankar has been sworn in as the Governor of West Bengal. The Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court T.B Radhakrishnan administered the oath of office and Secrecy to him at a simple function in Raj Bhavan in Kolkata.
4. (c) LCU L-56
IN LCU L-56, the sixth indigenously built Landing Craft Utility (LCU) MK IV class ship was commissioned into the Indian Navy on July 29, 2019. The amphibious ship will play a primary role for the transportation and deployment of armoured vehicles, main battle tanks, troops and equipment from ship to shore.
5. (b) 12000
The UN revealed in a recent report that a record number of more than 12,000 children were killed and injured in armed conflicts last year, with Afghanistan, Palestine, Syria and Yemen topping the casualty list.
6. (d) Jordan
Jordan has unveiled its first underwater military museum off the coast of Aqaba. In this ceremony, the kingdom sank several military vehicles, including tanks, troop carriers and a helicopter. Government agencies removed all hazardous materials before the vehicles were submerged.
7. (c) Madhya Pradesh
India now has as many as 2,967 tigers in the wild, with more than half of them in Madhya Pradesh (526) and Karnataka (524). PM Modi released tiger estimation report 2018 recently. Growth has not been found uniform in all 18 states where tigers are found.
8. (b) Muthulakshmi Reddi
Google celebrates 133rd birthday of India’s first woman legislator Muthulakshmi Reddi with a doodle today. Muthulakshmi Reddi was an Indian educator, lawmaker, surgeon, and a social reformer. She was also the first female student at Madras Medical College.
9. (b) INC
Sanjay Singh has resigned from the Congress party. Sanjay Singh said that he has tendered his resignation from the Rajya Sabha. Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu accepted his resignation. He is likely to join the BJP tomorrow.
10. (c) Erika
According to US, National Hurricane Center has said that tropical storm Erick has grown in strength to a hurricane in the eastern Pacific Ocean.