Current Affairs Quiz: 7 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kalapani territorial dispute, Freedom on the Net 2019 report and Infosys Prize 2019 winners among others.
7 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kalapani territorial dispute, Freedom on the Net 2019 report and Infosys Prize 2019 winners among others.
1. Which two state assemblies came together for a special assembly session on November 6?
a) J&K and Uttarakhand
b) Haryana and Punjab
c) Rajasthan and Gujarat
d) Delhi and Haryana
2. Which nation has objected the inclusion of Kalapani in the new political map of India?
3. Which nation was ranked as the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom by Freedom of the Net report 2019?
4. Who won the Infosys Prize 2019 in the Engineering and Computer Science category?
a) Sunita Sarawagi
b) Manjula Reddy
c) Manu V Devadevan
d) G. Mugesh
5. Joint Naval Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ was held between India and which country at Visakhapatnam?
d) Sri Lanka
6. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan was recently re-elected as the President of which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
7. Which country will be hosting the BRICS Summit 2019?
8. The first BIMSTEC Port Meet has been organized in which city?
9. Which Hindi writer has been selected for the Vyas Samman-2019 for outstanding literary work?
a) Vishwanath Tripathi
b) Narendra Kohli
c) Nasira Sharma
d) Mannu Bhandari
10. How many scientists recently signed a global climate emergency declaration?
1. (b) Haryana and Punjab
The Punjab and Haryana MLAs came together for a joint assembly session for the first time in five decades on November 6, 2019. The two assemblies convened for a special session to mark Guru Nanak Dev’s 550th birth anniversary.
2. (c) Nepal
Nepal has raised objections to the inclusion of Kalapani in India’s new political map. Nepal claims Kalapani to be a part of its territory, while India claims it to be a part of Uttarakhand.
3. (c) China
China has been ranked as the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom for the fourth consecutive year by Freedom on the Net report 2019.
4. (a) Sunita Sarawagi
Sunita Sarawagi was awarded Infosys Prize 2019 in the Engineering and Computer Science category for her research in data mining, databases, machine learning and natural language processing and for important applications of these research techniques.
5. (c) Indonesia
The Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ was held during November 6-7, 2019 between Indian Navy and Indonesian Navy in the Bay of Bengal. An Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette INS Kamorta took part in the naval exercise.
6. (c) UAE
Supreme Council of the Union of the UAE has re-elected His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan as its President for a fourth five-year term. President Sheikh Khalifa was first elected as the President in November 2004.
7. (d) Brazil
Brazil will be hosting the annual BRICS Summit 2019 during November 13-14, 2019. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be attending the summit to deliberate on boosting cooperation among the BRICS countries.
8. (b) Visakhapatnam
BIMSTEC is a group of 7 countries in South Asia and South East Asia. The first BIMSTEC port meet has been organized in Visakhapatnam on 7 and 8 November, 2019.
9. (c) Nasira Sharma
Nasira Sharma has been selected for her novel Paper Boat. The award is given to the best Hindi literary work published over a period of 10 years. The award is given by KK Birla foundation.
10. (d) 11258
11258 scientists from 153 countries around the world have declared a climate emergency. There are 69 Indian scientists who have signed this declaration. These scientists have introduced a six-point program, which can control climate change.
Also read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 6 November 2019
Also read: Current Affairs in Short: 07 November 2019